What To Do When Your Friends and Family Don’t Support You
Have you experienced this before?
You’re all excited about your business! You’re so fired up, you see the vision, and you’re so excited to share it with your closest people aaaand turns out they’re not on board. They don’t get it and they have negative things to say.
It’s such a big bummer, but do not worry!
We’ve all been there, including myself, which is why I’m going to share with you today what to do if your friends or family don’t support you and your business.
But first, let’s address why people have this reaction.
First, it’s new and you’re changing. You’re on this personal development journey. You’re going to be growing and evolving and that can make others feel uncomfortable. Change, in general, is exciting to some and scary to others. It’s natural, but also you could be reflecting to them what they aren’t doing themselves, and that can make some folks uncomfortable.
Some of your friends and family might be doing it out of love. Maybe they had a rough experience themselves and want to protect you. They are doing it because they don’t want to see you get hurt.
A third reason why they might not be supporting you is that they fear how it will change your relationship with them. Whether it be taking time away from them or you becoming more successful, it’s intimidating to some.
Ready to work through the mindset blocks that are holding you back from exploding in your business? Click here to join Elite Marketing Pro and enter the Ignition Coaching program with my personal mentor Ferny Ceballos.
There are lots of reason why they might not support you, but what do you do about it?
- Don’t try to convince people that they should support you. You’ll end up wasting a lot of time and create a lot of unnecessary frustration for your life.
- Guard your mindset. Find the people that do get it and lock arms with them. You don’t want to spend a lot of your time with toxic, negative people. Find those who do support you and fill your time with them. I have over 10,000 mompreneurs on my Facebook page, so right there you have 10,000 people and myself who are ready to support you.
- Feed your brain with the good stuff. Podcast, books, audible clips and files, whatever form you want it, but fill your brain up with positive stuff. Take a step back and look at what you watch on tv or are reading online. Be really mindful of what you are allowing into your brain.
- Hire a coach or mentor. Sometimes getting your mind where you need it to be might end up being harder than expected, so why not hire someone to reel you back in? Let them help you be more mindful, present, and/or focused.
- Don’t listen to them. This one is a toughie. These are people who you know, trust, and sometimes really value their opinions, but just let it go in one ear and out the other. We worry so much about what other people are going to think that sometimes we stop ourselves from putting ourselves out there. One great rule of thumb I have is that I don’t take advice from people I wouldn’t be willing to trade places with. You wouldn’t want to take financial advice from someone who is broke, right? Remember that.
- Lastly, and most harshly, you have to let them go. You have to let go of wanting them to feel differently, wanting them to see what you see, to be involved with you. If you don’t, that’s where resentment may come into play. Focus and fill your time with those who get it and connect and build relationships with those people.
This is tough. And it’s not for sissies, but for those with a strong mindset and belief. The most important thing of this all is that you believe in yourself. You are who you need most and whose opinions matter most.
If you’re ready to work through the mindset blocks that are holding you back from exploding in your business, click here to join Elite Marketing Pro and enter the Ignition Coaching program with my personal mentor Ferny Ceballos.
An Easy Way To Recruit – Rejection FREE – Without Wasting Your Time & Money Chasing Dead Beat Prospects & Leads...